Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Wool Omnibus


Wool Omnibus
Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



The end left me a bit wanting...

My main motivation for the 3 star rating? Origins are too important to me to be left unexplored and unexplained. It could have been 4 stars if not for that.

What I couldn't figure out was why the author spent so much time in the book exploring the themes of crowd control and motivating the importance of avoiding any type of breakout or deviation from such a controlled system. So much time is spent on showing how such a deviation could very possible lead to the extinction of the human race, just to end the book doing exactly that. In the end this came down to: Let's get rid of the evil guy and all will be well. No consideration or exploration of what this alternative approach for humanity would yield. Otherwise a very enjoyable story, told well and paced nicely. Well worth a 3 star rating.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment